During these challenging times of COVID-19, Notre Dame School has made plans designed to keep all students safe and well throughout the admissions process for the Class of 2025. Please see our FAQs addressing current questions about Notre Dame Admissions.
Welcome to Notre Dame! Our small, friendly school has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the outstanding high schools in the country. Here’s why:
- Tremendous success as a college prep – Every year, 100% of our graduates are accepted to 4-year colleges with over 90% receiving significant scholarships to some of the finest schools in the country. Graduates of 2011 through 2020 have enrolled in (partial list): Amherst, Boston College, Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Fordham, Georgetown, Haverford, Holy Cross, Johns Hopkins, Middlebury, NYU, Princeton, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Virginia, and Williams.
- Inspired teachers – Experienced, caring and qualified: of the 27 members of Notre Dame’s faculty, nearly 50% have been teaching for 10 years or more.
Over 90% percent of our faculty have MA/MS or PhD degrees.
- Our Greenwich Village location – Notre Dame is in one of the cultural centers of the city. This historic, vibrant neighborhood, just a short walk to the High Line and the Whitney Museum of American Art, offers opportunities for learning and experience in many fields of study. Our close proximity to 14th Street and 8th Avenue makes us easy to access by bus, subway, and the PATH.
- New Learning Spaces – Our classic school building is fully air conditioned as of the summer of 2019. It has been renovated and enhanced to meet the needs of today’s high school students. We offer new science labs and computer labs, a new library, a chapel, an art studio, and a counseling center. A new gym/auditorium and ND Commons opened recently and updated classrooms are equipped with wireless Internet connectivity and LCD touchscreen displays.
- What’s new Chez Nous
- Sports: The ND Dragons aim to build on our recent successes. In the past three years, our varsity soccer, varsity volleyball and varsity softball teams have won championships in each of their divisions of the Girls’ CHSAA. For the first time ever, in March, 2020, our varsity basketball team won the division championship in the NYC Varsity B Division. ND cross country/track, now in only its third year, has proven to be a tremendous success, this year claiming a very high place at the 2019 CHSAA Cross Country Intersectional Race, only behind schools with much larger enrollments.
- Our Newest AP courses: In the past three years, we have added AP Psychology and AP Computer Science, which instructs students in Python and Java, the leading languages in today’s information technology fields. In 2020-2021, we introduce AP Statistics to our curriculum.
- Annual Spring Musical: Building on the phenomenal success of our 2019 musical, Legally Blonde, and 2018’s The Sound of Music, ND has instituted an annual spring musical into its drama program. Ms. Nicole Wakabayashi, ND’s instructor in choral music and dramatic arts, directs students in a professional-quality performance in our up-to-date theatre space.
- Annual Trip Abroad: Each year, Notre Dame chooses a new destination for a spring trip opportunity for students. Recently, students have traveled to China, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, London, and Paris.
Please click on the links on this page to learn more about our school and our admissions process. If you have any additional questions, please contact:
Robert P. Grote
Director of Admissions
Notre Dame School
327 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10014
(212) 620-5575 x318 or Email: email@example.com